A quick, simple lunch dish for one that takes me back to my 20’s.
Bring a pot of water to boil and start cooking a single serving of spaghetti.
- In a medium-large bowl, whisk together the following:
- 2 t sesame oil
- 1 T natural-style peanut butter
- 1 T rice or cider vinegar
- 2-3 t soy sauce
- Hot chili oil or cayenne powder, to taste
- Minced garlic and ginger, to taste (in a real hurry, use powdered)
Slice about a half cup of cucumber and chop a handful of green onion tops.
When the spaghetti is done, drain it well and then dump it on top of the sauce. Stir it up and top with the vegetables.
In a hurry, you can eat it warm. If you’re not in a hurry, you can eat it cold. It’s good both ways.
I also have a much more elaborate version of this called “Cold Sesame Noodles” Take a look for more ideas.