What to do with leftover canned pumpkin?
Store leftover canned pumpkin in airtight container in fridge up to 2 weeks, or freeze for 3 months.
How to achieve perfect pies?
- Bake in a preheated 425 oven for 15 min, then lower heat to 350 for 40 to 50 min.
- Bake a pumpkin pie in the lower third of the oven.
- Pumpkin is a custard based pie, so don’t freeze and don’t overbake.
- For a well-baked crust when using metal or foil pie pan, preheat a baking sheet with the oven and bake the pie on top of it. This isn’t necessary with glass pie pans.
- To prevent crust edge from too much browning, put strips of foil around the edge when it looks brown enough.